Lux Absio Bervatum

Sunday, August 28, 2022

Summer 2022 Playlist

I curated a thing: "Henry's Summer 2022 Playlist"
It's 66 songs, mostly recent (57% with release dates after 2018), total length around 3 hours 52 minutes. The songs are ordered in a way that I find pleasing, mainly focused on punctuating high-energy chunks with chill, low-intensity respites. But I've mostly been listening to it on shuffle and I think it works well in random order also. My advice would be to first try it in the order shown then shuffle thereafter.

I struggle to describe the kind of music in the playlist. Some of it is very mainstream, like "Sweetest Pie" by Megan Thee Stallion, and some is pretty obscure, like "Mirror Maru" by Cashmere Cat. There are a few odd tracks with short bits of spoken-word stuff (a Heaven Sent jingle from late-60s/early-70s, some Dawn FM DJ patter, a handful of lines from Fiddler on the Roof). There are songs from 1909 and 2022. There is a lot of variety. Hope you like it.