Lux Absio Bervatum

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Floor Plans, Movies, Etc.

Here's a floor plan I've been trying to make work. I rebuilt it in SketchUp (requires lots of tweaking because inevitably I find I've cheated on distances somehow). I think I need to trim it back. It ended up being a five-bedroom/three-bathroom house and that's more than I'd ever need. Or, I dunno, maybe it's just a level of consumption I'm not comfortable with. I still need to figure out how its roof will work.


New season of Portlandia on Netflix! Watched the first three last night. Also recently watched Over the Garden Wall. Logan showed it to me. It's really good, kind of a cross between The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack and Spirited Away, if you can imagine.

Some movies I saw recently: The King's Speech (8/10); Mr. Nobody (8/10); The Master (5/10); Tiny: A Story About Living Small (4/10); Burt's Buzz (7/10). Also a couple Werner Herzog things, but they were pretty short. I love listening to him talk. He did a Fresh Air interview with Terry Gross back in 2011 which they recently replayed. That's what got me into his stuff.

Oh, and I'm halfway through the last book in The Giver Quartet. I'm liking it better than the middle two so far.