Lux Absio Bervatum

Sunday, January 24, 2021

New hex thing

I started messing around with my "tube translator" again and reworked it into something that generates shapes on a hex grid with more focus on colors (CMYK this time). Here's the first complete output (click for bigger):


(Rotated 90° anticlockwise to make it fit better... thus the arrow at the top.)

And here's the ugly spreadsheet that generated it:


Input string is the first bit of a recent horoscope my friend wrote. Will try to explain a bit about how this works later on. Also on my to-do list: Clean up the spreadsheet, fix generation of multiple palettes. One thing I like about this, though it's made everything way more complicated, is that nothing in the system is random. Everything in the final output is generated from the input string.