Lux Absio Bervatum

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Tube Translator

I've been messing around with this idea for a set of rules that turns data (typically text 8-200 characters long, but really any data) into tube maps. And does it without any random numbers so input A always produces output B. Today I got it working well enough to make this:


This map was made using my fiance's name as the input. Here's what the "pseudocode" behind it looks like:


I'm still tinkering with it. I think I want the output to be a little more complex. And I want some types of instructions to adjust themselves based on what's preceded them. Like, if there haven't been many turns in the last dozen instructions then make them more likely to occur in future instructions and vice versa.

I've been calling this "Tube Translator" till I come up with a better name. The foregoing is from build 20200412B.