Lux Absio Bervatum

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Breakfast Habits

I noticed that my breakfast habits change mostly according to the season. When it gets really cold out I have oatmeal. Those little pre-made Quaker Oats packets. Every day I grab one out of the box at random and hope for the maple & brown sugar flavor but usually end up with the apple & cinnamon flavor. But then I have it anyway and congratulate myself on having sensibly not taken in unnecessary sugar. Otherwise I'd probably throw it back in the box and try again. The packet gets dumped in the bowl with 2/3 cup of almond milk. You're supposed to use a half cup of liquid, but I don't like how gummy it makes the oatmeal. More often than not I'll also add a handful of raisins to it. I never did that till Logan mentioned he does it with his raisin bran. Microwave for 90 seconds. This is a very boring thing to read about and you must be fairly undiscriminating to have made it to the end. I'm just procrastinating about going to the gym. Okay, here I go.