Lux Absio Bervatum

Saturday, March 15, 2014

VIX could be 5-1-10, 5-9 or 6-10

If I find time I'm going to try to make something cool with Circos. I love the images it spits out.

Walked 3 miles at the gym this morning while watching Crash Course: Psychology. Like Freakonomics, it's one of those shows I love but everything they talk about is so interesting I'll realize I've been thinking about a single thing they mentioned and I've missed the last couple minutes. Lots of rewinding. Which reminds me, the last Freakonomics episode was especially good. The spotlight effect bit was relevant to me personally. Anyway, I'm a big fan of Hank Green. I like that most of my favorite content creators are putting stuff out there for free (or CC-licensed) and providing routes for easy patronage. The Greens use Subbable, Zach Weinersmith uses Patreon... I wish Greg Egan, Alex Hirsch, Pendleton Ward, and Rebecca Sugar would do something similar.

I really want to see The Grand Budapest Hotel but it's not playing here!